We figured it was time for a Downtown Waco roads update to give you an idea of what is closed or narrowed or changed in some way. Hopefully this will help you navigate when you come downtown for coffee, market and more. If we overlooked a downtown closure, let us know.
- University Parks Drive – U. Parks narrows a bit between Franklin and Washington avenues, where work on the Suspension Bridge is underway. U. Parks is also closed from Jackson to Webster.
– Also, University Parks Drive is closed from Jackson to Clay (use 2nd Street as a detour)
- Webster Avenue – Webster is closed from U. Parks to 2nd Street as part of Riverfront Development.
- 4th Street – This one-way street is actually currently two-way from Clay Avenue to almost I-35. That two-way stretch is a great way to access Abbey Glen Apartments as well as CVS drugstore, In and Out and the other businesses in that area. 4th Street is still completely closed to I-35 and the access roads; there is no connection there.
- 5th Street – Holy moly, 5th Street has a lot going on right now. It’s down to one lane (far right) from pretty much Franklin Avenue to I-35. The crossroads with Webster and Clay are open but you can NOT currently take a left onto Mary Ave. from 5th
- Washington Avenue – This one-way thoroughfare narrows down to two lanes between 6th and 8th streets as work is done on the sidewalks in front of what will be Tecovas (at the corner of 8th and Washington).
- 8th Street – One lane of this road is closed as part of that work in front of Tecovas (the corner of 8th and Washington)
- 12th Street – Twelfth Street is closed at Columbus Avenue, almost all the way to Jefferson, but not quite the whole block.