New to Waco? You’re not the only one. The population of Waco has grown by 7% since the last census, and the trend is not slowing down. With the influx of new residents and the arrival of a new class of students at Baylor University, there’s always something new to entertain, especially in Waco’s historic downtown. If you’re looking for your guide to downtown entertainment, look no further.
Dining and Drinking
Not only does Waco have the best Mexican food around, but there’s a whole host of popular and highly-reviewed restaurants and bars in the center of the city. Check out a few of our favorites this weekend!
- DiamondBack’s: Some of the finest dining in Waco, DiamondBack’s is the local’s go-to spot for a celebratory occasion. If you’re looking for fine wines, seafood and steak, you’ve come to the right place.
- The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill: There’s no shortage of live music in this town, and The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill is no exception. Enjoy an ice-cold beer and a perfectly-grilled burger while listening to a weekend concert. You can find the menu and lineup on their website.
Cricket’s Bar and Drafthouse: Come for a drink and stay for the pool, darts and shuffleboard. Cricket’s is the ideal spot for an after-work meetup with friends.
Adventure Downtown Saturday night in Waco is never boring. Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline rush adventure or a historic tour of your new home, Waco has it all.
- Waco Escape Rooms: Ditch the dorm room or house full of boxes this weekend and take a break solving Waco’s greatest mysteries at the Waco Escape Rooms. Located right in the center of downtown, the escape rooms are sure to entertain the whole family.
- Waco Pedal Tours: Fall head over wheels with Waco and enjoy an unforgettable tour of the city, complete with stops at local bars and boutiques and a BYOB policy.
- The Magnolia Silos: We’d be remiss not to mention the Magnolia Silos, made popular by HGTV’S “Fixer Upper.” Find food trucks, boutiques, shopping and more at this downtown location.
A Taste of the Arts and Local Culture
With constant live music, art classes and theatre showings, you’ll never lack entertainment in the city. Our favorites range from stand-up comedy at the Hippodrome to live music at the Waco Farmers Market.
- Waco Hippodrome: From concerts to comedy, the Waco Hippodrome is host to all of Waco’s best live entertainment. The theatre has existed in Waco since 1914 and is packed with a schedule sure to keep you busy this year. Check out their schedule here.
- Paper Crown art classes: Want to brush up on your watercolor skills, or maybe learn some altogether? The Paper Crown in downtown Waco offers regular art classes ranging from painting and punch needle to quilting.
- Waco Downtown Farmers Market: Enjoy live music, food trucks and fresh veggies every Saturday morning in downtown Waco.
- Balcones Distilling: Take a tour of this Texas-famous Whiskey distillery, complete with a sampling of the famous liquor, or visit the tasting room on your next trip downtown.
No matter what you enjoy, Waco has something for you. We can’t wait for you to experience the city like a true Wacoan and are so glad you’re here.