Photo credit, middle: ARTprenticeship
Whew! It’s been a busy summer in Downtown Waco. If you were traveling or maybe just self-sequestered at home in your AC watching Stranger Things, you might have missed some of what’s gone on. So we drew up a list for you, to keep you in the know and be a guide so you know what new stuff you still need to come and check out. Don’t get too far behind though, there’s more new developments opening up this fall!
• ARTprenticeship mural at Brotherwell Brewing
• Diversified mural, at 11th Street and Webster Ave.
• Keep Waco Loud launched – These folks started organizing live local music shows in late May and they haven’t quieted down since!
• Eastside Market – New Sunday artisan market at Brotherwell Brewing, 400 E. Bridge St.
• 8th Street pedestrian bridge came down
• 12th Street bridge came down
Bittersweet – 608 Austin Ave. Super decadent cookies
Waco Ale Co. – 806 Austin Ave. Brew pub
Revival Eastside Eatery – 704 Elm Ave. Elevated classic eats
Cactus Rose – 930 A Austin Ave. Cowgirl chic boutique
Simply Irresistible expansion – 1002 Austin Ave. Almost all clothing in this annex
The Sweet Station – 425 S. 8th St. Old timey gas station turned old-timey candy store
Waco Cha truck – Get your Bubble tea fix throughout the week now, with regular parked hours in front of Waco Work and White Elephant
Fabled Bookshop and Cafe – 215 S. 4th St. Independent bookstore + cafe
Skinny’s Repair Shop – 618 Columbus Ave. New iphone and computer repair shop
January Letterpress Shop + Studio – 700 Franklin Ave. Unit 100. Journals, paper goods and custom Letterpress projects
Tricot – 1701 Austin Ave. Ste C. Yarn shop in uptown
**If we left out anything, please forgive us! This summer has been A LOT to keep up with.
Leave a Reply